Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

DT Post Creative Inspirations Challenge # 62 and DT Call

This week over at Creative Inspirations it's Emma's turn, and she decided to have a go at sewing on a card. Well, I knit, I crochet, and I do all types of needle work, but when it comes to actually sewing with a sewing machine, well, lets just say although I have one, it just collects dust. I have always admired sewing on cards and have always wanted to give it a try, but since I don't have a craft room, I've never wanted to drag it out for the card and then put it away again. So, I kind of cheated. I found this gorgeous paper at Michaels which is pre-sewn. Hey, it works right and fits the challenge this week which is stitching on your card real or fake... So why not give it a try and check out the rest of the teams cards.. They've all worked so hard on them, and I know they would love hearing from you as would I. Our sponsors this week are Quioxtic Paper and Little Claires Designes
We are also having a DT calll, so if you are interested, just and DT after your entry.




So here is my Card for the Challenge:


another angle:

I am also entering this into the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girl Pink & Cream
Lovely hAnglar Only Girly Card

Image: hAnglar sTanglar - Messenger Sentiment:
Paper: K&Company, SU: Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake
Extras: Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Pearls, Pearl Hearts, Sizzix Leaf Die
Image Colored with Copics and Prisma Pencils

As Always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world. Would love hearing from you.

Hugs
Debbie

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Debbie, the colours are gorgeous.Love the pearl hearts.
I have sewn on my cards once or twice, crooked as a chicken leg, and never remember 'dont sew over wet glue' the needle does not like it...lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant oh love that image colored to perfection and the colors and detail as always brilliant hugs cherylxxxxx

Kris said...

So gorgeous Debbie. I have a piece of paper very similar to that. I like it so much I'm afraid to use it-LOL! Love the colors on this one. Happy Father's Day to Aldo. Hugs...Kris ps-don't forget to drop me a line

Ribbon Girl said...

gorgeous card - the pink dress exactly matches the pink roses - superb! Thanks for joining in with the ribbon girl challenge, Mary G x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Debbie,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen M said...

So beautiful and what amazing detail. Gorgeous! xx

Nicolchen said...

your card looks wonderful...great color combo...beautiful details you´ve used :0)))

Thanks for joining us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Hazel said...

Your card is lovely, the colours are beautiful. Hazel x

Liefs Ineke said...

Debbie your card is very nice.

gr. Ineke

Andrea said...

This is so pretty, thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, what a gorgeous card Debbie! Love your pink/green combo and beautiful flowers. Great DP too ... I've never seen pre-sewn stuff before (or at least nobody else has admitted to using it LOL!)

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Debbie this is gorgeous, such wonderful details and adorable image.
luv
Debby

Iris Wiechmann said...

This is such a lovely card Debbie! I love the bright colors you've used. A great girl card! Thanks for playing with us at LHO!

Hugs,
Iris

sara said...

gorgeous card i love the colours and those pearl hearts are fab thanks so much for joining us at lovely hAnglar only this week
hugs sara x

Brodders said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining the riboon girls challenge this month and good luck x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello and what a stunning card!! You have used one of my favorite color combos for a girl!!!
tfs
hugs, Janiel