Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just Magnolia/hAnglar sTanglar - Paper Piecing week 111

This is the card that I made for my husband for Father's Day, but did not get a chance to post until now. I used this gorgeous paper I found at Michaels from DCWV called Nantucket. I knew I had to have it not only for my hAnglar sTanglar sailor images, but my magnolia ones as well. Yes, I was bad, and didn't stick to my rule and try and use what I had in my stash.. I just couldn't resist this stack and well a few others, I mean after all I had a few 50% off coupons and since it is only 10 minutes away from work. Well, lets just say my lunch hours were quite busy last week.

Anyway, over at Just Magagnolia and hAnglar sTanglar, the challenge this week is paper piecing something I love to do so this was right up my alley. I knew I had to ink up this adorable image and break out my new stash of papers from DCWV. So here is my take on this weeks Just Magnolia and hAnglar sTanglar challenge


Side View:





Another Angle:

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Just Magnolia hAnglar sTanglar Paper Piecing
Everybody Art Challenge Anything Goes

Image: hAnglar sTanglar - Sailor Sentiment: SU
Paper: DCWV-Nantucket, SU Navy
Extras: Doo Hickey Die, Doiley, Buttons, Corner Punch, SU Photo Corner Punch,Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Sea Horse Charm
Image colored with copics and a touch of Primsa

As always, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, while you are here, I would love hearing from you.

Hugs
Debbie

11 comments:

Dena said...

Debbie! How precious! LOVE the red, white and blue!!! You're just getting me all ready for the 4th! haha! GREAT papers and perfectly done!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I LOVE that pad and looked at it too. I have been trying to use up my stash but it is so hard to do.. This is wonderful Debbie.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous colours Debbie, love the red/white/and blue, so striking. Fabulous image and love the details.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful! Love the details. Kim

Cindy Haffner said...

Debbie this is STUNNING, I LOVE all your GORGEOUS details!!~

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Debbie this is one terrific card for Fathers Day the design, colours and image look superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, wonderful card Debbie.
luv
Debby

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Interessant gestaltet.
Danke, dass du bei uns mitgemacht hast.
Viele Grüße Doreen EAC-Team

Pat said...

Yikes...how did I miss this one?! Simply adorable! I can't wait to be done working so I can spend more time in my craftroom! I got this little guy a long time ago and he's never seen ink!! LOL! Love the bright colors...and embellies! Hugs. Pat

Bev said...

Wonderful card, so cute! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Lynne in NI said...

Ohh, bet your hubby loved this!
I would imagine its very expensive to have your craft shop only 10 mins away - my 'local' is far enough away that if I go during lunch I can't browse for any more than 10 minutes!