Followers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

GD Spot at Mo's Again-Doing the Happy Dance-Schools Out for Summer

This week over at Mo's Digital Challenge Blog Dawn is once again our hostess with the mostess and she decided it was time for a recipe. Her recipe for the week is A Recipe of Friendship. And yes, these Nuns are friends for life. Now you only need to use one image but there are 4 ideas for you to chose from so hop on over and get all the details,and while you're at it visit all the other DT members blogs, they would love to hear from you.



For this challenge I decided to stir in a sense of humor and a lot of compassion, these Nuns are doing the happy dance because Schools Out for Summer. Working for a school I have compassion for the teachers, and I can definatly understand the happy dance, especially when I'll be doing that same happy dance in a few weeks.... So here is my take on Dawns receipe.



I am keeping this card plain and simple since in actuallity it is for my son's 21st birthday. Inside the card will be two tickets to see the new smash hit on Broadway "Sister Act". I am sure he and his girlfriend will love it as much as I did. It is a great show!!! So Happy Birthday Son #1.. Enjoy your night out in the city.



Image: Mo's Digital-Joy
Paper: DCWV-Linen Closet, Stampin Up Grey
Extras:
Image colored with copics: Clothers: C5,3,2,1 Skin:E01,00/Darker Skin Tone: E25,13,21,11 Habits/Stockings: B60 Sparkle pen for chain & Cross

As always, thanks for stopping by my little neck of the woods. Hope you like what you see.

Hugs
Debbie

9 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Debbie...this card just makes me smile!! Beautifully colored...and I tell ya, I have always loved clean & simple cards...and this one is stunning! Verrrrry cool that you're including tickets for Sister Act. Such fun...your son will LOVE the card...and the tickets! Hey, congrats on the end of school...I'm jealous!! Hugs. Pat

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one brilliant image just making one amazing card hugs cherylxxxx

heidy said...

Hi Debbie,I love this image,I did make a card with it a while ago,and i just cant stop smiling while I was working on it!
Your son will love'his present!
Hugs Heidy

Dorcas said...

Hi Debbie,
First off thanks so much for your diligent work as GD for us the past two weeks, your creations are impecable as is your sweet generous nature.
Now onto your card, great choice in image to showcase friendship, and beautiful coloring! I always look forward to see what you've created. :-)
Hugs,
Dorcas

Cathy said...

Debbie, I love your colors and BTW welcome and congratulations on being the June GD for Mo's Challenge!!! Your colors and lo are perfect. Your son will love the card almost as much as the tickets. Great job on the challenge card!!!

Lia said...

such a wonderful card you made again I love the colors
hugs Lia

Tammi said...

Oh I love it, perfect idea to go with the tickets, he's going to love it Debbie! I can so see you doing this dance in a couple of weeks! ;) ~hugs

Wendy said...

Great card, Debbie! Love your coloring on this! I was gonna comment and say that your card made me giggle because it reminded me of the movie Sister Act and then the farther I read you mentioned the play Sister Act! LOL I bet it's an awesome show and I hope that your son & daughter in law enjoy it! Happy Birthday to him!

Dawn B. said...

Debbie this is beautiful. Your coloring with the grays is wonderful. I love the way you created this card. It is so great to have you join us..:)