Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Heart Boxes


I made these boxes for my husband and 2 boys. the one that has the heart tag is for my husband, the other 2 are for my sons. I would have loved them to be a little bigger, but I am still happy with this size. I used my cricut cartridge Tags, Bags, Boxes & More thinking that it had a Chinese Food Containiner Box, but it didn't so I used the Heart Box which is still appropriate for Valentines Day, I cut it using the Fit to Page set at 12".. so the actual box is 8 1/2"..it was fun and super easy to make

This is the top of the box showing the heart. For my husbands which is the one in front, I layered a heart on top of the box top heart, I used my heart punch from SU and cut it in half and placed it on the box top heart. To open the box, you slide the two halves in opposite directions and viola.. It opens. I filled them with special Valentine Fortune Cookies that are pink and have special Valentine sayings in them, hence the reason why I wanted a Chinese Food Container Box.. and just to let you know the cookes are delish.... Of course I had to test one out before it went into the box.

Thanks for looking...and Happy Valentines Day everyone

5 comments:

Sandi said...

oh these are lovely, I bet they are treasured. Sandi

Donalda said...

Oh these are just gorgeous dear. I know they loved them hon. Hugs

Lynne in NI said...

Oh these are gorgeous!
And well done on only eating 1 cookie ... I would have scoffed the lot and left an IOU in the box! LOL!
:o)

Patti said...

So cute! I am sure they loved them Are you on winter break? Hopefully you'll have time to craft!

Tammi said...

Oh those are cute! Wonderful gifts for them Debbie!