Followers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Autumn Brook & Lakeside Cove

The weather has taken a turn here in New York City. The air has that crispness to it so you know fall is fast approaching. With that in mind, I decided to make this card for my nephew. I find when ever I make a masculine card for my family and friends I reach for my stampscapes. This time, i didn't use my brayer, but used sponges since there were too many fall colors I wanted to use for the trees. Boy, did I get my hands dirty, but in the end it was worth it. They are much more vibrant in person, unfortunately, I couldn't get a good shot..

since I had all my inks out and the stampscapes out and my hands were covered in ink, I made this as well..after all we always need those extra masculine cards...

Stamps: Stampscapes: Autumn Brook, Rocky Peaks (small), Rowboat, Lakeside Cove, Grass
Paper: Stampin Up: Old Olive, Papertrey: Summer Sunrise, Autumn Abundance, Dark Brown CS I think is Bazil.
Extras: Top Note Die, MS Border Punch, Distressed Embossing Folder
Inks: I used both Stampin Up & Adirondack Inks

As always, thanks for looking
Debbie

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Debbie these are such gorgeous cards! I love the scenery in both, this reminds me I need to bring my stampscapes out too! The sponging looks really great too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

beautiful Debbie! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Stacy Morgan said...

Deb.... I tell you what when I come to your blog I find myself ohhh and aaahhh and oh my goodness a LOT. Your work is so inspiring! I can't tell you enough how cool and gorgeous your work is. These are FABULOUS masculine card. The coloring is awesome and you sponged it none the less! Just beautiful and serene! I am sure that he will LOVE it.