Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Vacation #92 - Road Trip



When I was a little girl we went on many road trips, and when my boys were little, they knew it was going to be special day when they heard the term "Road Trip". You see, I would never want to disappoint my kids since they always seemed to have a knack for getting sick right before an event. It also avoided their nagging waiting for the event to arrive. So my husband and I would just get them dressed and stick them in the car and say "Road Trip". We've gone to such places as Radio City Music Hall, The Renaisance Fair in upstate NY, Disney World (but that was a "Plane Trip") and to such normal things as going to The Zoo, The Aquarium or even the movies. I have told this story to some of the teachers at my school, and now they do the same with their kids. It becomes an adventure that way, and they know something special is in the works when they get in the car and we announce "Road Trip".



So for our theme this week which is Summer Vacation I decided to use this image from Mo's called Eli which you can find HERE
since many of us go on "Road Trips' for our summer vacation this was just perfect and brought back many memories. So thank's Elaine for another fantastic theme and for helping me remember the many trips and adventures we had when my kids were young.

Inside of Card:


Close up of the fimo creations:

I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE and this adorable charm that I found at The Ribbon Girl which was perfect for my card. They really have so many beautiful charms and of course their gorgeous ribbons. You can find it HERE

Another Angle:

Please visit my DT sistah's blogs for some more inspiration, you never know what you'll find, they are such a talented bunch, and if you look you can find the upcoming challenges making it easier for you to play along. We have so many fun projects and themes coming up. I hope you can find the time to play along.


This also fits the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girl Shades of Aqua
Fab n Funky Animal Magic


As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, now that you are here I would love hearing from you

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil - Eli
Paper: DCWV-Bon Voyage Travel Stack,
Extras: Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Doo Hickey Die, Making Memories Sticker, Recollection Buttons
Image Colored with Copics

As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, now that you're here, would love hearing from you.

Hugs
Debbie

13 comments:

Dorcas said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! I just LOOOOOOVE it!
Nice fimo characters too!

Lia said...

beautiful card debbie I love also the doll it's to cute
hugs Lia

Pat said...

Hi Debbie!! I just loved your story about the boys going on Road Trips...and this card is just sooooo dang adorable!! I love your coloring..and this card just has the best style! Love the scrollwork! Hugs. Pat

heidy said...

Hi Debbie,what a sweetie and sometimes image's can bring back some memories!
You can also join in the fun with fab'n'funky ,theme is animals!
Hugs Heidy

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I love this Mo image. My son always loved boxes to play in. You did a great job. I thought my son was the only one that ever got sick before a vacation..:)

Unknown said...

CUTE :O)

Ribbon Girl said...

Great card Debbie, a lot of work has gone into it - and your fymo models are fabulous! Loved the story of your family going on 'road trips' - where do the years go, they just fly by! Thanks so much for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Dena said...

Great card Debbie! I just love all the layers you used!!!
Great memories with your kiddos!
Hugs, Dena

Cathy said...

Debbie, love your card, the colors and layout are fabulous. The story about the Road Trip and the reason behind it. The reason I never said anything was because kids have no concept of time and I didn' want to hear about it for the next week...day..LOL your reason was legit!!!

karen said...

Fantastic card, love the details and image, thanks for joining us at fab n funky, Karenx

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what an adorable card and FAB layout too Debbie! And how nice to be reminded of those priceless memories!

Tammi said...

Thanks for sharing about your road trips, great memories for them and you! Love all the layers on your sweet card...and what a darling figure you made, CUTE!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is so fun and sweet. Great embelishments and layout, very cute. I think I should try just saying road trip instead of telling the kids. They are getting persistent with the is it time... is it time.... how many day... how much longer. Surprise element sounds better. ha ha