Followers

Monday, July 25, 2011

My First Shaker Card...

I've had this cutie for some time now, but just never inked him up until now. What was I waiting for.. beats me.. but I do have a few of those that I must have and then they don't see ink for awhile. I am entering this into the Lili of the Valley Challenge this week since the theme is Fun and Games. And yes, he's on his way to the lake to play with him boat. I also decided to play along on the Crazy 4 Challenges after I saw all these shaker cards, first on LOTV, and then on Cindy Haffner's blog so thanks for the inspiration guys. What fun this was to make, and it was so easy, I know I'll be making a few more. So with all that said and done here is my take on the shaker card.



A close up of the shaker.. Ok I kind of went overboad with the sparkle. Will put a little less in my next one...

Once again I made a box to go along with it. Since the paper was already embossed with the sail boat. I decided to leave it and not add any embellishments to the box. I didn't want to hide the beautiful boat. So here is a picture of the box

The box and the card:

The card in the box:

Hope you like it.. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE and the twine and the charm are from The Ribbon Girl which you can find HERE

I am entering this into the following challenge:
Crazy 4 Challenges Shaker Card
Lili of the Valley Fun and Games
Crafty Sprouts Shaker Card

Image: LOTV - Sentiment also LOTV & Printworks
Paper: DCWV: Nantucket
Extras: Charm, Twine, Nesties, Sparkles, Dimentional tape, Pearls, Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Image colored with Copics and prisma pencils

As always thanks for taking the time to visit my part of the world. Now that you are here, I would love hearing from you, your comments mean so much.
Hugs
Debbie

14 comments:

Erika Valdez said...

OH WOW!! I can't believe this is your first Shaker Card! You did an amazing job!

I am also having a Shaker card challenge on my blog and would love it if you would link up! I have some amazing prizes including a Scrap N Easel!! TFS hope to see you soon!

Lots of Love,
Erika

http://www.craftysprouts.com

heidy said...

Wow Debbie,how beautiful is this,I love it and that box is gorgeous too!
Hugs Heidy

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, fabulous shaker for your first time. Love the image and great papers with beautiful colouring.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Erika Valdez said...

Thank you so much for linking up!! I love your card!

Lots of Love,
Erika

Squirlygirl said...

Wow!!! Look at all that detail! Great job Beautiful card!
~Hugs~
Becky
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous shaker card Debbie, what a sweet image too.
luv
Debby

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Debbie, I love all your layers!!~

Anonymous said...

What an amazing job for your first shaker card! I would have never guessed it was your first time. Your coloring is also amazing! TFS.

Tammi said...

Oh Debbie, adorable, fabulous shaker card! Love the box made with it to!

Stacy Morgan said...

He is so darn cute. Adorable card and great job on your first shaker card.

Mina said...

do you know Debbie I have never made a shaker card...I really must have a go when I see what you did...its a stunner
Mina xxx

Pat said...

Hi Deb'!! This is the cutest card!!! And it's a shaker card to boot!! Aren't you the crafty one?! I just love everything about this! And the box is perfect! Maybe I'll try a shaker card one day! Hugs, sweet friend!! Pat

Wendy said...

Oh WOW this is awesome, Debbie! LOVE IT!!! :)

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh fab card Debbie! Your DPs and embellies are perfect and great box too! I've been meaning to try a shaker card for years, and have never quite got round to it LOL!