Followers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Shower


A very quick Post this morning, as I have to drive to White Plains for my nieces Baby Shower. Yes, ladies I am going to be a Great Aunt. Oh wait I already am a "Great Aunt"...lol....These are the Pillow Boxes that I made for her, there are 80 in total. I used the Stampin Up Pillow Box Die Cut from Sizzix, Pretty in Pink Paper for the Pillow Box, and the new Sending Love Specialty Paper for the band along with ribbon, and the So Many Scallops stamp set also from Stampin Up. 9 steps in all...Thank Goodness for my girlfriends and the assembly line we created. What would have taken me a week to do by myself, only took a matter of hours. The red bands are the same color as the stroller that she wanted and I purchased for her, so the colors of the Designer Paper were perfect for this project. The bows on the side of the basket were made using the Bowdabra..OMG!!!! one of the best investments I ever made, especially since I used a Michael's coupon....I now want to make bows and put it on everything...

The card is also an old Stampin Up set that was colored with copics. Here is another view of the basket...

I also crocheted a baby blanket for her, which I made smaller than most instructions call for, I did this size because it is perfect for the car,carriage or stroller. The ones in the books are huge and to me not practical for a baby blanket. I used the shell stich for this design. I didn't want to use the traditional pink and white, and figured these colors would be perfect if the baby spit up, since it wouldn't show. It is a little longer than the picture shows, and also folded in half so is twice the width as what you see...


Thanks for looking... and Happy Sunday everyone.
Hugs
Debbie

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh I love that bunny image and those colors are just sweet sweet sweet. Sandi

Tammi said...

Tried to leave a comment before but my computer bumped me off! Wow Debbie, so much work, beautiful boxes and card, love the design! And that blanket is gorgeous too! Your niece is lucky to have you for an aunt! Enjoy the baby shower. ~hugs

Kris said...

WOW Debbie! I knew you'd been busy but this is a lifetime of work. It's all so cute and girlie - just A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! Drive safe and have fun. Hugs...Kris

Deb said...

Wow!!! Fantastic!! This is such a gorgeous ensemble Deb!! Love the Bows on the side, I'm going to have to get a Bowdabra. The pillow boxes are darling, love the designer paper you used and the card is so SWEET!! And the blanket is beautiful too, I don't crochet but my Mom used to and made all my kids little blankets like that. What a wonderful Great Aunt you are. Have fun at the shower, I'm sure your Niece will love the gifts. :-)

Lady Latte said...

I am so glad I have such a super talented friend! You amaze me with all the interests and talents that you have. It is all wonderful-truly wonderful! Love that baby blanket!!!!

cats whiskers said...

Wow hun you have been busy but what a wonderful selection of beautiful boses yopu have made and such a asweet card, your niece is going to be over the moon
Hugs Jacqui xxx