Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Swan Song


May is filled with tons of birthdays for us, there is a birthday a week beginning with my MIL's and ending with my BIL's and then of course Mother's Day. So to get things started especially since I am home this week, I decided to get a jump start on some of my cards.


I decided I didn't want to do anything cutesy since it was for my MIL's Birthday so out came the brayer again. First I stamped the swan in Versa Mark and Staz-On put on clear embossing powder and heat embossed. I then colored in her beak and gave her a little shadowing. I went over the entire image with my Versa Marker Pen carefully staying within the lines put on clear embossing powder and then heat embossed. Out came the brayer, and I brayered Bashful Blue at an angle at the top and bottom leaving a little white it the middle, and sponged more Bashful blue along the top and bottom to create a little depth. I then stamped in the Willows using Old Olive Ink and colored in the branches with my aqua painter using a lighter green Kiwi Kiss, I also used my Chocolate Chip SU Maker to outline some of the branches and my White Gel pen to highlight the willows. To create the horizon I used a Post-it-Note and sponged more Bashful Blue going across the post-it-note. Last but not least, I used my tree from stampscapes and placed the tree over the swan, and then sponged on Old Olive to create some of the leaves.
Thanks for stopping by
Debbie
Stamp: Swan Song & Joy of Nature both by Firecracker Designs by Pamela, Tree from Stampscapes
Ink: Stampin Up: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Stampin Up: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Cuttlebug Swirl Folder

6 comments:

Patti said...

Love it...this is gorgeous...a work of art. You could get a second job over the summer teaching how to do this...if you could teach me online, imagine in person!

debbie said...

Wow, this is just beautiful. I love the brayering, what a great job. The whole card is so elegant!

Lady Latte said...

stunning card-you do beautiful work! WOW

Emily said...

Great card Debbie! You did a beautiful job coloring your image. I never thought of using a brayer for coloring in background. That's genius and it works so well here! Very nice job!

Donalda said...

Oh my word dear this is just breathe taking. Such a gorgeous card. Sorry I am behind as always dear still working tons of hours

Michelle said...

Wow. This card is so gorgeous. Your MIL should absolutely love it.