Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

How Much is That Doggie In the Window -Mo's DT Post #104

It's still Elaine's turn to host and this weeks theme is "Inspired By A Song" Elaine, I must say you've really challenged me so far, I was going to do it really easy this time, and pick "Happy Birthday" but that was a little too easy and after all this is a challenge. Then I remembered that song "How Much Is That Doggie In the Window" and decided to use "It's All in the Accessories" especially since it looks just like my Ginger. Ginger is a special member of the family who came into our lives 11 years ago and is a rescue dog, we have no idea how old she really is she has a little gimp in her leg, but who cares, we love her just the same. She is a great companion for my hubby and is all of 8 pounds, a tiny little thing, but has that Napoleon complex and thinks she is 10 feet tall and protects us like she is a pit bull. Anyway, you can find that adorable image HERE and HERE

I made this for my Mom who 80th Birthday is a few days she keeps trying to steal Ginger by sticking her in the seat of her walker..lol and yes, Ginger does give us that evil eye look sometimes, and we know to move our hand very quickly..



Of course I had to make a matching box, I used my scallop punch and tried to make it look like a canopy over the window of the pet shop and this is what I came up with.






the card and the box:



and last but not least my angle shot.



I hope I inspired someone to join in on the fun, I can't wait to see what you come up with, just don't for get to use one of Mo's images. If you need more inspiration don't forget to visit the rest of the teams blogs they really out did themselves and came up with some great ideas just click HERE to see what they came up with and as Pat always says, don't forget to leave them a little love.

I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE and the ribbon and charm from The Ribbon Girl which you can find HERE

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
The ABC Challenge: HERE Anything Goes

Image: It's All in the Accessories, Sentiment: Printworks
Paper: Stampin Up: Chocolate Chip & Kraft, DP: TPC Studio Paw and Claws dog
Extras: Ribbon and Charm from The Ribbon Girl, Flowers from Wild Orchid Craft, SU Square Punches, MS Border Punch, Doo Hickey Die,Doily, Buttons from Michaels
Image Colored with Copics and Prisma Pencils

As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, now that you are here, would love hearing from you, your comments really mean so much

Hugs
Debbie

13 comments:

Lia said...

wonderful card debbie I love the LO and the image so cute
hugs Lia

Carla S. said...

Debbie, your card and box are amazing! I love both designs and that image is the cutest! Fab coloring and details!

heidy said...

Hi Debbie,this is gorgeous,love everything about it,so will your mum!
LOVE IT!!
Hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Oooh, he looks so cute! What a wonderful box and card!

Hugs,
Renata

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! Your card and box are simply gorgeous! Lovely colouring and beautiful swirls and pretty bow. Your mum will be chuffed to bits ...but I suspect she still has her eyes on the real Ginger! Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card,Love the box too! Thanks for joining us at ABC for A is for Anything Goes
Hugs Julie P

Cathy said...

Debbie, Love your story about your little dog and her/his many antics. Grandma hiding Ginger is too funny. YOur card is colored beautifully as always and your card box is just over the top. Love your song choice :)

Kerri said...

I love it..and the box is great!! thks for sharing

Zima said...

Great card! Love the image, the coloring and the window!!!

Pat said...

Oh my sweet little Debbie Cake...you've blown me away again! You are scary talented, girlfriend! Your coloring is stunning! And your designwork...love it! And...how stinkin' cute to have "Ginger" in the window! I adore this...and another fabulous matching box! Hugs, hunny bunny! Pat

Cindy Haffner said...

Just GORGEOUS!~

Lynne in NI said...

What a cutie, I love your little pet shop! And Ginger sounds like a right character!

Stacy Morgan said...

ha ha... I am not sure this is considered a dog. :0) Actually my SIL has one, I prefer the large fur balls. This is cute, and I just LOVE when you do your boxes and cards to match!