Followers

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Vintage Christmas in July

I did this for the Just Magnolia Challenge which is to make a vintage card and paired it up with the Magnolia Down Under Challenge which is to create a Christmas Card. Well as soon as I saw the challenges I knew it was time to ink up this beautiful image that I received from my sweet friend Tammi... I also decided to try my hand at making a countdown card. So fun..took me all day, but it was tons of fun and now that I made one, definately will do a few more.. Well at least that's what I say now..lol...anyway you can find the directions here
I heat embossed Liquid Applique around the trim of her coat, and went back to my roots and used my aqua painter to paint the ribbon.


A close up:

A close up of the countdown part, when you turn the wheel, it changes the number of days left for the countdown




Image: Magnolia, sentiment was computer generated
Paper: Tim Coffey-Fall Gold Leaf Scrool, Basil
Ink: Color Box - Gold
Extras: Buttons, SU Square Punch, SU Square Scallop Punch, SU Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder, Pearls, MS Border Punch, SU Circle Punch, Nestie for the countdown wheel, Ribbon, Liquid Applique
Copics: E35,E31,E33,E35,E53,E59,YG93,YG95

16 comments:

annes paperfun said...

Beautiful vintage card!
Lovely Tilda image :o))
Thank you for your comment on my blog :o)
Hugs Anne

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow! very pretty card Debbie, I love your choice of colors, and it does bring a vintage look to your card. This Silent Night Tilda is one of my favorites, and for some reason I have so much trouble putting her on a card... I am never happy with the result. Your little calendar is such a good idea. Beautiful work.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Donalda said...

Wow this is just gorgeous dear. I so love the vintage feel to your card, It is just breath taking

Tammi said...

How unique, love the countdown idea, beautiful Debbie!

Lia said...

hi debbie,
I lvoe your card it's very pretty I love the vintage look
hugs lia

Kylie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the countdown idea too ;)
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Debbie, a lovely colour combo!
Clairex

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Debbie, I love all your details.

Lady Latte said...

So pretty and way to go on the holiday cards already :-) So glad you are back stamping again-I missed you lots.

Pernilla/Trollwing said...

Wow!! This card is nothing but totally fantastic, just looooove everything about it:) Amazing coloring, beautiful decorations and the way you did the countdown thing is so nice!!
Debbie, you amazed me quite a bit with the motorcycle-comment, do you really read swedish or was it just a good guess?
Hugs:)
Btw... the motorcycletrip today was soooo nice! Perfect weather, good company and a very fast wonderful bike;)

Jodi said...

This is really sweet, cute and SO fun!! I love the pretty coloring you did too!! I have to try out that daily spinner too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

OMG YOur card is Fantastic!! I love your white bits on the coat - they are aweome. Love how you did a count down too:-) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Cordine said...

Gorgeous Card!
Hugs
Cordine

Bev said...

Wow this is so pretty hun! Love all the fabulous detail and sweet image. The papers are gorgeous too. Thanks for joining JM this week x

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, fabulous card, love the Vintage meets Christmas theme, your colours, design and embellies are perfect and loving the count down to Christmas. A wonderful take on the challenge, thank you so much for joining MDUC this week. hugs Jodie from Oz

stephanne said...

This is sooooo pretty, loving the earthy colours and the brilliant layout and details!! Thanks for sharing with MDUC this week!!
Stephanne