Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Future Riverdancer

This week, it is Sheila's turn to host our challenge at Mo's, and she decided for us to use lace. How easy is that!!!! So lace it is. I always think of the beautiful Irish lace that my girlfriend has from her mother and grandmother, you know the good stuff from Ireland. Every year I make her a St. Patrick's Day card and every year she brings me hot Irish Soda Bread right out of the oven. OMG!!! Mouth watering... I slab on the butter and I am in heaven. This year I decided to make her a card using this adorable image called Little Irish Dancer that you can find HERE and HERE.

I also need to thank my DT sister Paola for the wonderful Gold color on the end of her dress, I didn't know what color to do and she suggested gold, and then rattled off the copics. I must say it really popped her dress. So thanks Paola, What would I do without you?

Now, with all the shows I've seen on Broadway and off Broadway, I've never seen Riverdance The Irish Step Dancers who remind me of this "Little Irish Dancer" who is doing the jig. They have played at Radio City Music Hall in the past. Hopefully they will be back again so that I do get to see them, and by hook or by crook even if I have to go by myself I am going to see them. But at least I am Broadway bound again tomorrow to see Porgy and Bess. Really looking forward to that and of course my 3 course diner at AJ Maxwell's.

Here is an image of the card:




A Close Up:


Of course my angle shot:



I am also enterint this into the following challenges:


1. Cooking it Up with Kate: HERE 3 favorite things - Ribbon, Flowers, Digital Images
2. Fab n Funky: HERE Green, White and Blue
3. Simon Says: HERE Three different Papers: - My designer Paper, and 2 cardstocks


I hope I inspired someone to join in on the fun, I can't wait to see what you come up with, just don't for get to use one of Mo's images. If you need more inspiration don't forget to visit the rest of the teams blogs they really out did themselves and came up with some great ideas just click HERE to see what they came up with and as Pat always says, don't forget to leave them a little love.

Image: Mo's Digital Image: Little Irish Dancer
Paper: Basil, SU: NIght of Navy, Basil Card Stock DP- stuff from Stash
Extras: Lucky-Sizzix Die Cut, Reflections Stickers, Lace, Doily, Flowers, Charm from Michaels
Image Colored with Copics

I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE and the ribbon from The Ribbon Girl which you can find HERE

As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, and now that you're here why not leave me a little love as well your comments mean so much and always brighten my day.

Hugs
Debbie

26 comments:

Dorcas said...

Oh how cute, Debbie! That gold really does finish it perfectly. :)
My hubby used to make soda bread every week. Now he's into sour dough and sprouted grain breads, but you're peobably like me, with loads of butter bread is bread!!!

Carla S. said...

Terrific card, Debbie! I love the papers and the fun Irish dancer! Great coloring and added embellies! Enjoy your Broadway show!

Pat said...

Hey there sunshine! Are ya feeling any better today? We sooooo need to Skype...congratulations are in order, I hear! :-) Yay!! Your card is brilliant...and one of my fave colors...green...to match my eyes! hehe! Yep...Paola has helped me out too...and she was right on the gold...perfect complement to the yummy green! I love this little darlin's hair...it's so BIG! So unlike mine! LOL! Hugs. Pat Frank

Tracy said...

This one just makes you smile! I've only seen Riverdance dancing in parts and pieces on TV, but it just fascinates me. Your coloring looks amazing Debbie. The gold was a perfect touch and I love her red curls. :-) Gorgeous card!

heidy said...

Gorgeous as always Debbie!
And have fun tomorrow night!
Hugs Heidy

sue w. said...

This is so lovely, definitely showing the st. patricks day theme and just loving the bow.
Hugs Sue W.

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is stunning just love the colours,and the detail is just amazing Hun,love it hugs Cherylxxxxx

Alina said...

Debbie, this is so gorgeous, great choice of papers, and green is my favourite colour, so I love your card!
hugs, Alina

Katie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the bow!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie!

Carolina said...

Very pretty and lovely card. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie

paola said...

Another stunning creation, love the big ASS bow, and all the finer details really make for a little masterpiece, love it
smiles
Paola

Dawn B. said...

Great suggestion by Paola. I love the embellishments you added. They are so pretty. Great job. Oh how I wish I lived closer to the theaters in NYC. My daughter is trying to get an internship there this summer so maybe I can get up there for a visit.

Cindy Haffner said...

Just STUNNING Debbie!!~

NanaConnie said...

Incredible, Debbie! Love the ribbon and flowers on your easel card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking It Up with Katie this challenge. It's wonderful!
NanaConnie DT
P.S. May I come over for soda bread on St. Pat's? It's my birthday and I'm Irish on both sides of my family tree!

Linda said...

Wow this is fabulous! beautifully coloured as always! and lovely layout truly is another stunner.
Hugs, Linda

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh Debbie, this is a really fun image, and you are right,the colours really pop out :)

That bow is divine! Such a great card :)

I went to see Miss Saigon a few years back and it was awesome, I love a good musical! ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Rach83 said...

Absolutely fabulous creation, Debbie. I love how you have used navy blue with the green. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Rachel x

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a stunner Debbie! Love her pretty dress and gorgeous hair too! Hope you enjoyed Broadway. I've never seen Riverdance either - they've been here loads of times and I keep meaning to go, but never quite get round to it!

Frances said...

Lovely card, very cute image. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Frances.

Dena said...

Debbie! Yes, I think the yellow was a great choice. It looks beautiful!!! Such a cute card with wonderful embellishments. I too want to see that show one day and they just left Houston whaaa!
Hugs, Dena

Wendy said...

Super awesome card, Debbie! Love it! :)

Kim Bell said...

Debbie this card is soooooo beautiful! GO GIRL. Thanks for my sweet words. Yes I finally got my card finished!! Smiles. You are so much fun.
Hugz
Kim

Cindy said...

Debbie, this is just beautiful!! Those colors just pop out, they are so vibrant. The gold was a great choice!! Bet you enjoy the Irish Soda bread!! Just from the oven, how lucky you are!!!

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Debbie, what a stunning card!! beautiful colours and perfect colouring! Love the big satin bow with the flowers
Hugs
Tamara

Elaine L. said...

Great card, Debbie! I love all the wonderful embellishments and all that green!

Tammi said...

That bread sounds so yummy! GORGEOUS dance card! I love Riverdancing, I have the dvd's and it's amazing what they do! Leanne used to do it...now little Dallie is learning, so cute! :)