Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

DT Post for Mo's Feeling Blue # 96

Well, it's my turn to host again, and since blue is my favorite color, I decided that blue it is for this weeks challenge. This adorable little boy isn't feeling that good and needs his Mummy real bad. He's from Mo's Digital Pencil and you can find him HERE So why not play along,and while your at it, please visit my DT sistah's blogs for some real inspiration. They are such a talented bunch, I know they would love hearing from you. If you look you can find the upcoming challenges making it easier for you to play along. We have so many fun projects and themes coming up. I hope you can play along.

here is the card closed:

Look at that adorable face isn't he perfect for a get well card. As soon as I saw him, I had to have him. I made this for my friends son who wasn't feeling well a few weeks ago. And yes, it did cheer him up. As I said in an earlier post, I revisited Splitcoast Stampers and tried something new. This is called a Diamond Fold Card and you can find the directions and video tutorial HERE. It was one of the easiest cards to fold and make. Well put it this way since I am a visual person, the video helped a lot...lol So here goes my take of the Diamond Fold Card. Hope I can inspire someone. Happy Folding!!!

Here it is open:

a close up:

A different angle closed:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil - Needs Mummy
Paper: SU:Kraft, Night of Navy, DP-
Extras: Doilly, Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Rhinestone Swirl from the Recollections Collection at Michaels
Image Colored with Copics.

As always thanks for stopping by my part of the world, now that you are here, I would love hearing from you.

Hugs
Debbie

11 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Debbie,what a great card!
Hugs Heidy

Dena said...

Debbie, this is such an awesome fold! I need to try it! Your card is adorable!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Dena

Pat said...

Hi Deb!! How absolutely adorable!! This is another fun challenge...you've been rockin' these themes, girlfriend!! I have been looking and looking at your card...what an amazing fold! It looks like your image is suspended in air. I can't wait to check out the tutorial. Thanks for including it for me!! hehehe!! Who knows...I may even try one of these myself!! Your coloring and designwork are fahhhhhhh-bu-lous, dahhhhlin'! Hugs. Pat

Elaine L. said...

Debbie, Love your card with this cute little guy! Great fold!
To answer your question about the towel, the effect is achieved by using several related colors of Copics and just dotting the image. I also used a few dots of white gel pen.

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Debbie! I love the sweet image and your special fold is great! Wonderful coloring and details!

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable card Debbie and beautiful colouring, its so life like I want to give him a hug.
luv
Debby

Creation by Heart said...

Hai Debbie,
Yes, I like this diamond-fold-card. I also am a visual person, the video made me enthusiastic. So yes you inspired me. I will try it this afternoon.
With love from Lemmer (Holland)
HennyB:)

Iulia said...

Hi, Deb sweetie! Yes I agree, this is one of Mo's most 'must have' stamps- this little face simply melts my heart. You had a great idea for the shape- never tried this before- looks great.
Thanks for the great challenge- blue is such a beautiful color:)
Have a great weekend hun!
HUgs, Iulia

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Debbie your work is always so inspiring!!~

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a fabulous get well card ... LOVE your fancy folds!

Tammi said...

Cool fold and aww I just want to give him a hug!