Followers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just Magnolia/Friday Sketchers/7 Kids

Well, I am trying to get another card or two done before tomorrow when I go back to work. Once that starts, I don't get to play til my hearts content. I will definately miss it. I had so much fun this week especially peeking into everyones blogs. I decided to get my nephews card done who's birthday is in mid January. He is a chef who works in a restaurant in Soho. So of course this Edwin was perfect for that. Since anything goes in both the 7 Kids College Fund and Just Magnolia, I combined it with the Friday Sketchers Sketch. And speaking of college funds, start saving for all those application fees as well. My son is working on his applications this week. He is applying 14 colleges many of them ivy leagues and each college has it's own application fee. Those range anywhere from $50-$75 oh and don't forget the fees for sending in SAT scores. Geeze Louise, looks like I'll be doing lots and lots of overtime...



It killed me not to add any flowers or swirls, I feel it is so plain, but since it is a masculine card, I just added the brads.


Close Up:


Image: Pasta Edwin
Paper: DCWV-At Home, SU Chocolate Chip
Extras: Cuttlebug Swirl folder, Nestibilities, brads
Copics: Face:E02,E00,E000,E0000, R20

As Always, Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Debbie

7 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh hon, this is just adorable !!!! So love the layout you used and those papers are awesome dear. A perfect Man's card. I know what you mean about not getting to play work does get in the way doesn't it dear. Hugs

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh its just perfect for your nephew ... he's gonna love it!
Happy New Year to you and your family and good luck to your son with his college applications!

cats whiskers said...

Happy New Year Dear.

I just love this card, the monochrome suits it so weel, it is just perfect
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Mina said...

a perfect 'boys' card Debbie...wow college applications sound expensive
Happy New Year
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Debbie. Those fees sound awful and just to apply.
luv
Debby

Tammi said...

Cute! A wonderful guy card, lovely coloring Debbie!

Stacy Morgan said...

Simply adorable, great layout.