Followers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

CAS Clean and Simple

Another week has come and gone the weeks are just flying by.  And this weeks challenge at Mo's is Clean and Simple. And as all as you know we all like to add flowers and swirls and lots of bling to our cards. So Anja thought it would be a good idea for us to do a clean and simple card .  I must admit, it was very hard not to add all those special affects so I decided to make a criss cross card since I hadn't made one of those for ages.  Since the weather is getting warmer, I decided to think beach  After all it is right outside my door.  So I used this adorable image from the  Little Mermaid set that you can find HERE


and speaking of the beach here are pictures of the beach six months after Hurricane Sandy hit.  I took these yesterday not much has been done, This is the view from my terrace.  They are working on the lifeguard station,  consession station and public rest room. Those pilons that you see were done for several days 24/7 and yes I can tell you at what A.M. hour each one went in since I had to go to work the next day.  The entire apartment shook. Anyway, that is where the new public rest room is going to be 10' off the ground.  That's what FEMA wants. So that's what FEMA gets.  As you can see we still don't have a boardwalk as they are only working on that section all hours of the night.  They are saying it will be another year before we get the entire boradwalk done.   So it's kinda sad that I don't get to walk the boards as we used to say here in the Rockaways for quite some time.  Hopefully next year Ginger (the dog), Hubby and I can go on our nightly walks again on the boards again.  Hopefully sometime soon.  


They plan on having this done by Memorial Day
for beach opennings.  All I can say is Good Luck



I hope I inspired someone to join in on the fun, I can't wait to see what you come up with, just don't for get to use one of Mo's images. If you need more inspiration don't forget to visit the rest of the teams blogs they really out did themselves and came up with some great ideas just click HERE to see what they came up with and as Pat always says, don't forget to leave them a little love.

Image: Mo's Digital Image: Little Mermaid Set
Paper: Webs Paper, Stampen Up
Extras: Ribbon, SU Punch Image, button
Colored with Copics

As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, and now that you're here why not leave me a little love as well your comments mean so much and always brighten my day.

Hugs
Debbie

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! Love the shape, clever of you to do this take your mind off the embellies! I think quite a few of us found this a real challenge this week lol!
Hugs
Kat xx

Pat said...

Hey Debbie! I just noticed that you called last night. I must've been away from the 'puter...and had the sound off so I missed ya, girlfriend!! I'll be on later this afternoon...and will turn up the sound!! Now...your card...I LOVE IT!! Crossover cards are really fun to make...and this is super duper adorable!! Gorgeous coloring, and what yummy papers!! And...the boardwalk...makes me so sad to see all the destruction even now, so many months after the storm! Hopefully it'll be back in shape soon so you and hubby and babydoll Ginger can take some evening walks...along the BEACH! (I'm still so jealous...you have a beach in your backyard!!) Sending hugs...we'll chat later! Pat

heidy said...

Wow your card is gorgeous Debbie!!
XXX Heidy

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a beautiful summery card Debby ... feel free to send some of your nice weather over here! Bet it's not much fun having the builders right outside your window, but good to see that they're making some progress with your beachfront - TFS the pics :)

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, beautiful card and such an adorable image.
Interesting photos, pity about the boardwalk.
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

Those pics look oh so familiar Debby. Hopefully they'll have Rockaway put back together soon and you can start making new memories--nice ones. :-) Your card is fantastic. Love the criss cross style and the precious little mermaid. Haven't made a CC card in a long time, but you make me want to. :-) Hugs!

Anja said...

Poor girl, Debbie! I am so sorry having you challenged that much, hun! ;-) But you totally rocked the challenge. So clever to make a criss cross card, the shape is a perfect compensation for not beeing allowed to use all the yummy embellis as usual! And your colouring of this cute mermaid is the icing on the cake! Fantastic job, sweety! And thanks for the interesting photos, it's great to see how everything grows again.

Hugs, Anja

Ellibelle said...

Such a pretty card Debbie. I love the design, and gorgeous image.

Kim Bell said...

Debbie!
I just love your CAS card! It is so beautiful!! I have not made a Criss Cross card in awhile.

Hugz
Kim

Unknown said...

Very cute, Debbie! Love the papers you've used.

Stacy Morgan said...

Deb this is darling, great criss cross fold to boot.
Wow... they are getting somewhere atleast. So glad that they are working on it 24/7 so they get it done. You will be walking that beach again in no time. They say a year, but we can pray for sooner. :0)

Mau xx said...

Your card is gorgeous Debbie, I love cross over cards and forget to make them :( stuck in my boring ways...lol
It looks like Hurricane sandy caused dreadful havoc, Do hope they crack on and get things back to normal for you all ASAP
Huge Hugs Mau xx