Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart

This is my second post of the day, so please scroll down and see my DT post for Creative Inspirations below.


It has been raining on and off all week here in New York, It has been dark, dreary, and the air is just plain old heavy. The fog rolls in from time to time and I must admit, it is fun to watch it roll in like that, but not fun to drive in it. It has been so bad, that I honestly can not even see the building across from me, nor the beautiful beach. When the weather gets like this, it triggers headaches. So all week long, I've had what I call a background headache and nothing would take it away. So sorry, that I didn't visit anyones blogs, I'll try and play catchup. Knowing how my headaches go, I knew it was only a matter of time before that background headache turned into a full blown migraine. So on Saturday, my fears came true, I couldn't even get out of bed till 1 o'clock.

Late in the afternoon or not, my anniversary was the next day, I had to get busy making hubby a card. This image reminded me of when we first met and we would sit on the beach like this and talk for hours, So I took out one of may favorite sets from Stampin Up Summer by the Sea, and made this for him. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!!!!

A Close Up:



This card fits the following challenges:
Stamp Something Beachy Colors
Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge Anniversary
Sketchy Colors Blue, Green & Black Well not sure if I am stretching it, but the image is outlined in black...



Image: Stampin Up: Summer by the Sea, Sentiment also from Stampin Up
Paper from: DCWV- Linen Pack the tans are for the sand
Extras: Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Dookhicky Die, Shell :( my last one, pearls, charm, twine, Sizzix Top Note Die Cut
Image colored with copics, the sky was sponged using a baja breeze ink and a scalloped circle.


As always, thanks for stopping by my little neck of the woods, would love hearing from you.

Hugs
Debbie

16 comments:

heidy said...

Oh Debbie,sorry to hear about your migraine,when i was a little girl,my mum has it and it was terrable,she only wanted to lie down in a very darkroom.
So congrats on your annyversary!
You made your hubby a wonderful card!
Hugs Heidy

annes paperfun said...

Wow! Such a lovely card!
Your details are gorgeous!
Love it! ♥
Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Colors this week - good luck!
Hugs Anne

Kris said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize it is the same day as my Mom's birthday (don't think you're up to 80 yet though-LOL). Love this card and I really love the sky - great job. I've tried this technique and mine never looks this grand. Hugs...Kris

Lady Latte said...

Happy Anniversary Debbie and Hubby! The card is absolutely delightful as well as the story that goes with it. I hope your headaches go away and the weather clears for you soon. Washington actually had some sunny and warm (for us) days this past week but now we are dreary and rainy again.
Back to the card-I love your choice of colors and the image is super!! I hope you and hubby have a most wonderful day.

Hugs,
Deb

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just so pretty !!! I know your hubby loved it dear. So love the sky you made. Just beautiful dear. Hugs

Chrissy said...

I love this stamp set, and used it only a few times, but I think it is beautiful here. Lovely colouring. I hope your head clears,I hate headaches, and Happy Anniversary.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Curly said...

Oh My Word such a fabulous card,the way you have inked your sky is fabulous,


Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 135 Anniversary

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh what a stunner Debbie, perfect embellies too!
And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you're headache has gone by now!

Andie's Space said...

Hi Debbie,
I bet hubby thought this was gorgeous. What a lovely image so beautifully brought to life, with lots of wonderful detail. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is just BEAUTIFUL!!~

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, its so perfect for an Anniversary card.
luv
Debby

coldwaters2 said...

This is stunning Debbie so very romantic, the image, design, colours and embellishments look so wonderful I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous - love your image

Thanks for joining our "Anniversary" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and so soft feeling. Happy Anniversary a bit late, hope you had a wonderful evening. Stacy aka Twinshappy

Mea said...

Lovely card! :)

Have a nice day.

Tammi said...

Sorry you had to deal with that nasty migraine. (hugs) Hope you had a nice Anniversary though...a beautiful card to give him Debbie, love the thought behind it. *sigh* I'd love to be sitting at the beach! Those shells are so neat too, where did you get them?