Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easter's on It's Way - Friday Sketchers #147

I so look forward to Fridays, not only because it is the end of the work week, but I love the sketches from the Friday Sketchers team. I find I use them over and over again. So here is my take on this weeks challenge:



Now ladies, I decided to try something new which I can not take credit for. I decided to incorporate the idea of creating a clay figure to match my card for family and friends. I got this idea from the very talented Gloria Dawson who inspired me the second I saw her GORGEOUS creations. Her work can be found here
Now after you see her work, remember, she's a pro at this and this is on of my firsts attempt so of course I see tons of flaws in the picture, so just give me about a hundred years and I'll catch up.

This is my second fimo creation, which is a little better than my first, My first was done for a DT challenge and will be posted in a few weeks



A close Up:


This fits the following challenges:
Friday Sketchers The Sketch
Stamp Something Spring
Totally Paper CraftsCute & Cuddly
Penny Black Saturday ChallengeRecycling-(the ribbon)
A Spoonful of Sugar Easter
Creative Card Crew
No Stamps-think my bunny qualifies

Image: Penny Black, Sentiment Stampin Up
Paper: DP-from stash Bazil CS & Stampin Up
Extras: Ribbon, SU-Tag Punch, Cuttlebug corner die, Wild Orchid Crafts, Sizzix leaf die,Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Image Colored with Copics

As always thanks for looking
Hugs
Debbie

21 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Debbie,this is gorgeous and I think your little bunny looks great,I love fimo,I used it a few years ago
Hugs Heidy

Dena said...

YOWZA!!!!! OMG! That fimo bunny is adorable! I sooo admire your talent!! EEEEK! Makes me want to try it!
Your card is beautiful too. I love the yellows and lilac with such a sweet spring image!
Hugs, Dena

Bellaidea said...

Very cute!

Gloria Dawson said...

Debbie this set is ADORABLE!!! You did such an awesome job on your card and box and the little bunny is AMAZING!! You would never know that you are a beginner with fimo.....looks awesome to me!

Blessings,
Gloria

Cindy Haffner said...

Super SWEET!!~

Donalda said...

hon this is just beautiful I so love your card hon it is so adorable. And in my favortie color too. So love your bunny dear, you rae so talented dear.

Danni said...

Very cute and pretty!! Love the softer colors!

jude said...

Gorgeous card hunni and love the wee box so cute!
hugs judex

Tammi said...

Ack! Are you kidding me, wow, that clay figure is adorable...and looks like a professional did it, which looks like you are already! And the matching card, sigh...so CUTE!

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is one,amazing card and box,so beautiful love the colurs you have used,too hugs cheryl xxxx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card debbie and I love your little fimo friend...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

Kris said...

OMGosh Debbie this is the cutest thing! Love the card and that adorable little FIMO bunny is beyond cute. Looks like you're a pro to me. Hugs...Kris

Jodi said...

Debbie what a sweet card, gorgeous pastels!! I love that adorable fimo bunny, too cute!
Hugs
Jodi =)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, gorgeous card but the little clay bunny is adorable.
luv
Debby

Dawn B. said...

Oh my GOSH...this is so sweet. I love that you made a clay image to go with your card.. It is adorable. You really did a super job here.. I have seen these before. You have many talents.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! This is fabulous. Love the card, and that bunny can't really be one of your first attempts, can it? Too cute!
Thanks for joining our 'cuddly & cute' challenge at Totally Papercrafts, this week.
Caroline xxx

Wendy said...

WOW Debbie~this is so pretty! I love your coloring and layout of the card! I also love your little box that matches! Super sweet and very adorable! :)

Lynne in NI said...

OMGosh Debbie, your little bunny with his wee bunch of flowes is sooooo CUTE! Can't belive its only your second attempt! And beautiful matching card and box too ... whoever the lucky recipient of this is will be absolutely delighted!

Lady Latte said...

OMG-the fimo is so cute. I have got to look into that although I am not planning to get busy making my own. You did a wonderful job with it though. Pat yourself on the back. I love your card to-can't believe it will soon be Easter Sunday. TFS

Angela said...

Waauuww Debbie your cards are all gorgeous...I saw your 'guestdesignercard' on Kenny K's challenge blog, which linked to your blog. I will follow your blog...such fabulous cards!!!!
Have a nice sunday.
xxAngela

Stacy Morgan said...

Holy cow this is awesome... Your little bunny is so cute and you did a wonderful job. The card is super sweet and goes together for a great package. Love it...