Followers

Friday, August 31, 2012

For a Cause and Cause I Love You

Please scroll down to see my Post for Mo's Design Team...

My niece will be walking for a cure in October. She will doing the Avon Breast Cancer walk for my sister who is a breast cancer survivor. She is very dear to me, and means more to me than words can ever say. She is my niece by marriage and I fell in love with her the second I met her, and knew she was perfect for my nephew and so glad she is a part of my family. The walk she will be doing is through  New York City and is a two day event. During the evening they sleep in tents. So I thought I would make this special scarf to keep her warm. It is a breast cancer scarf and made with bamboo and wool and is very soft to the touch. I also made a special card for her... So thanks Pat for finding  the perfect image from Satuarated Canary for me. It was my first Satuarated Canary and I am sure it will not be my last.

So without further adieu... here is the picture of the scarf and the card as for the card, my inspiration for the design came from Claudia



A close up of the card

a close up of the bottom of the scarf


I am entering this in the following challenge(s):

1. Satuarated Canary: HERE Dotty
2. Wild Orchid Craft: HERE Sumer Flowers

Image: Satuarated Canary
Paper: SU Black and different background papers
Extras: MS Border Punch, Doohicky Tag Punch, Button, WOC Flowers, Ribbon, Butterfly, Pearls
Image Colored with Copics

Scarf Pattern is a free pattern on Raverly.  I used 2 skeins of Classic Elite Yarn-Wool Bam Boo-Color Dogwood
50% wool 50% bamboo

I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE and the ribbon  from The Ribbon Girl which you can find HERE

As always, thanks for stopping by my part of the world, and now that you're here why not leave me a little love as well your comments mean so much and always brighten my day.

Hugs
Debbie

16 comments:

Mau xx said...

What a Gorgeous card Debbie, Love the pretty papers and SC are such lovely images. you have coloured it perfectly.
Love the Scarf too and I know your niece will love it, its so pretty.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Debbie, love your card and scarf...gorgeous image and colouring, love the card design and all the details, so pretty, and your scarf is gorgeous,fabulous work.

luv CHRISSYx

heidy said...

Gorgeous card and Scarff and for such a good cause Debbie,my mum died of cancer and tonight I went to a Dutch craftshop and they had a special evening for the same cause!!
XXX Heidy

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous scarf and card, Debbie! You are very talented, indeed! Krista's image is perfect! Best wishes to your niece on her walk in honor of your sister.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful scarf and I know she will love and appreciate this during her walk. Good for her and so glad you are close. Your card is spunky and fun, she will love that also I am sure.

Tracy said...

Oh Debbie that scarf is to die for! How gorgeous! She will be the most stylish walker participating. :-) Your card is beautiful. Love the black with the pink and all those fun little tags. Hugs!

Anne Kristine said...

Oh..my!!Such a lovely card and scarf!
Love it ♥♥♥
Thanks for joining us at WOC.
Hugs, Anne Kristine

sue w. said...

Hi Debbie, what a fabulous card and wonderful colouring, I love it and the scarf is fantastic. Your Niece will be made up I'm sure and good luck with the walk too.
Hugs Sue W.

Pat said...

Oh oh ohhhhh...this scarf turned out beautifully!! You are so dang talented!! And I am pea green, let me tell ya!! This card is fabulous too...I love the image...and your coloring is stunning! I love the pink and black...very chic! I miss you...my computer had 29 viruses that need to be removed! Aaacck! And I won't get it back for 5-7 days! aarrgghhh! Keep me in your prayers...I'm using our old desktop! Takes forever to upload pics, etc. hahaha! Hugs. Pat

Colinda said...

Beautiful scarf and a gorgeous card!! Couldn't find your card I saw on Mo's blog but just wanted to tell you I love it!! Have a sunny day, Colinda

Vicky said...

Beautiful card & scarf I love the colours. This is another of my fave SC images.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary, hope you will join us again hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Bev said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at SC this time x

Franz♥ said...

Two fab creations Debbie and for a very special cause :)

A big hug to you and to your niece, my best wishes to her walk :)

Franz.

Denimo said...

Great card Debbie! And what a lovely scarf on top of the card! Really... great job! Thanks for joining in our Saturated Canary challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Denise

Debs said...

gorgeous creations..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated Canary..hugs Debs x

MrsWhyKnot said...

Aunt Debbie!
I cannot thank you enough for your thoughtfulness and coming home to this surprise gift made my year!
I am so grateful to have you in my life as my aunt and as a friend.
The scarf is absolutely gorgeous - so soft and cozy and will definitely keep me warm!
I have the card displayed in my house and admire how everything you do is made with so much love.
I am proud and look forward to be walking towards a cure in just one more week! Thank you all for the well wishes!
Lots and lots of love,
Jenn