Followers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday



It's amazing the difference a day makes. Today and yesterday, it is windy and cold while Friday we had Spring like weather. When I came home from work, I took the dog for a walk on the boardwalk it was in the upper 60's. Now, I haven't done that in ages and it felt good to be walking the "boards" again. It was amazing how many people were also enjoying the weather. The cyclists were out as were the many handball players, skate boarders and of course how could I forget the surfers. It was so beautiful out, I was tempted to take off my shoes and actually walk along the shore line as many were all ready doing. Maybe next time.

I followed the sketch at Wild Orchid Crafts I love this sketch by Bev, and know I'll use it again and again.

Close Up:

I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts Sketch
Lili of the ValleyMy Favorite Color which is blue
Cute Card ThursdayShiny
Paper Crafting JourneyAnything Goes
Bunny Zoe'sSpring Flowers

Image: LOTV-Rosie with Cake
Paper: DCWV - Linen Closet
Extras: Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Corner Punch, Doohicky Die, Skickles, Border Punch, self adhesive perals
Image colered with copics

I am also keeping true to tackling my paper stash,along with trying to use my much neglected corner punches. I've had this punch for ages, just haven't used it, so I dusted it off and gave it a go.

As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog, would love hearing from you, your comments always bring a smile to my face

Hugs
Debbie

19 comments:

Donalda said...

Hon this is just adorable !!! I so love the detail you have in your card dear. Just beautiful Hugs

Donalda said...

This is just adorable dear. Love the detail in your card. Hugs

heidy said...

Oh Debbie,I can tel you that your cards put a smile on my face,This is so lovely,and that corner is so pretty.
Hugs Heidy

Beth said...

Wonderful card Debbie! Love the swirl and flowers in the bottom corner and your great colouring. Cute image!

Tammi said...

Adorable and cute as can be! Love all the layers, papers, punches and dies used! Glad your finally getting a break with the weather! :) ~hugs

Rach said...

wow, hun this is gorgeous, a fantastic card.xxx

Kim said...

Debbie this is absolutely beautiful hun! What a darling card...and LOVE what you've done with the sketch! Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh Debbie, this is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colour theme and I love your new corner punch!
Glad to hear you had a nice day ... we had an awfully cold wind today, definately not a day for the beach!

Cheryl said...

oh hun,you always make the most amazing cards,and you always,make them come alive,this is just gorgoues hun,hugs cheryl xxxxx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is so very cute Debbie :) The cake looks gorgeous, and the image is coloured beautifully.

I love all the details (especially the brown die cut corner!) and this is a fabulous colour scheme and a stunning card.

hugs

xxalisonxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, cute image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Wendy said...

Debbie~your card is just amazing! Lovin the papers and your coloring along with those gorgeous flowers! Such a fun & pretty card indeed!
We had gorgeous weather out here in Missouri last week but today it turned drastically cold. Hopefully we won't get anymore snow. My homestate of PA is getting snow...I hear everyone griping! Once day spring will get here!
Have a great day!

Vintage Milly said...

Such a pretty card with your signature classy style, I love those little touches of glitter on her skirt and as always such fab colour choices,
take care,
Em.x

Dena said...

Debbie! how very, very beautiful!!!! Love the swirl detail and the pretty border punch!!! Such a great card!
Thanks for joining the Lili of the Valley Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

mycardz said...

Hi Debbie!! Yay! I'm so happy - since I've cut most of my DT commitments, i have a little extra computer time and can "try" to catchup with my favorite blogs and friends! So, I definitely was excited to FINALLY pay a visit to your wonderful blog!! And, I am not disappointed. What a gorgeous card and just ther perfect amount of sparkle! YOur Copic coloring really ROCKS too. Great job using papers and puches long forgotten ... I don't even want to think about packing up my crafting stuff. I know I'll go crazy when I find all the things I never had the chance to use. Ok, before I write book here ... adorable card Debbie. And, my, aren't these LOTV stamps the cutest?! I'm definitely hooked since our last CC challenge. Stop the madness!!! LOL big hugz, Mary

Deb said...

wow, what a beautiful card!! Deb, your cards always have such gorgeous details such as the swirls, border punch and lovely flowers. Your colouring is perfect, love the little glitter accents!

Cindy Haffner said...

Debbie this is GORGEOUS!!

Lady Latte said...

I lova, lova, lova this card. Next to blues I love blues and browns together. The image is adorable and all your little patterns and embellies just make it superb. I want one of every card you make girlfriend-LOL I can never pick a favorite.
Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Debbie this is absolutely gorgeous hun! What a beauty! Love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim