Followers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brooklyn Babe


These new digi's from Kenny K's are just too cute!!! As a New Yorker, who lives in Rockaway (Queens)) Brooklyn is only minutes away. As soon as I saw the name of this image, it brought back memories and I can hear the Brooklynisims as we speak. For those of you who don't know, it goes something like this. Now remember you have to say it with a Brooklyn accent which for me is very easy since I was born and raised in Da Bronx..lol There are many others, but these are just a sampling.

Fuggedaboudit (never mind)
Jeet?: Did you eat?
Jeetjet?: Did you eat yet
Weisenheimer: A wiseguy
Goombah: Like family
Johnny Pump: Fire hydrant
Agita: Heartburn



Close Up:


This fits the following challenges:
Friday Sketchers
Sketcy Colors Blue, Brown, White
Kenny K's Krafty Girls My Favorite Thing
Wild Orchid Challenge Love Is (well my favorite color is blue)

Image: Kenny K Download-Brooklyn Babe
Paper: DCWV Linen Closet, PaperTrey: Blueberry
Extras: Ribbon, Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Copics: Face: E02,00,000, Blues:B99,97,95,93, Browns:E27,25,51

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, and don't be such a Weisenheimer if you stopped by, leave a comment...lol

Hugs
Debbie

22 comments:

Rach said...

love it hun, gorgeous colouring and detail..
Brooklynisims... sounds like a new language. somthing my daughter would love to learn...xxx

Lia said...

sweet card debbie, wonderful colors and great coloring
hugs Lia

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Debbie, your colouring is amazing and love the Brooklyn Babe.
luv
Debby

Kattiz said...

So beautyful but also cool card! :)Me like!

Deb said...

She's adorable Deb!! Love the colouring, love the blue and linen together.

CaritaL said...

Beautiful colours and card is fantastic.
Carita

Karin said...

OMG! This is gorgeous! She is so cool ... the Brooklyn Babe. Love it!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colours and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at KKKGC.....

Hugs
Judith

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card! This image is really cute!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs Tanja

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, well done on the coloring, love the image that you have used.

are you well??? how is the snow at your place???

hugsxx

Wendy said...

So cute!! I love this image, your coloring and papers! Awesome card! :)

Anki said...

Love it! You're soo talented! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Kram - Anki

Jodi said...

Debbie! She is colored so beautifully!! I love this card and the colors you used!! Wonderful work!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lynne in NI said...

Fab card Linda, she's sooooo cool!
Loved the Brooklynisims too ... here's a couple of Northern Irish ones for you -
"Norn Iron" (Northern Ireland)
or you could have
"Bout Ye" (what about you = Hello!!)
LOL!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

LOL Oh my goodness... she is so darn fun and spunky! Love the shades of blue, fantastic coloring and the word definitions made me giggle.... LOVE this girl!!!

debbies said...

LOL So fun and great coloring!

Maria said...

What a fabulous card. You colouring is A-wesome.
Love the Brooklynisms, they kinda fit with my Yorkshire accent..lol*
Caroline xxx

laney said...

Debbie this is fabulous!! as is all your work have loved browsing your blog
hugs
laney

Patty said...

Thanks for the Brooklin sayings...just made me laugh! Thanks also for joining us at KKKG this week, your card is fantastic and your coloring is some of the best I have seen. Good luck and I hope to see more of your work next week!

Jill said...

gorgeous card love your layout, papers and your colouring is wonderful beautiful flowers too thanks for joining us at KKKG hugs Jill xx

Lady Latte said...

LOL-this is cute. I have a feeling if I lived in New York that might be somewhat how I would look ;-) Only my belly would be hanging out unintentionally-rofl
I love your sampling talk too-hahahaha Oh how I wish I could really hear your voice as you were saying them all.
Thanks for sharing such a fun fun card.

Debbie in WA-the only place where we have no accent!

elsi67 said...

Lovely!! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥