Followers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

DT Post#103 for Mo's-Patchwork

Well it's now Elaine's turn to be our hostess with the mostess... and Elaine you really stumped me with this challenge.. Patchwork? Hum, stumped is an understatement, really had no clue what to do so it so really was a challenge and I love a challange. Then, I went to Michael's last week and saw this stack of paper in the clearance section and it all came together. As soon as I flipped through this stack and saw this print, I immediately thought of "Superduper Gal" and knew it would be perfect for the Parent Coordinater in our school who is the Jack of All Trades, and really does everything she is our Superduper Gal at work. So I made this for her birthday... So Cynthia, My "Soul" Sister, this card's for you...Love you Sistah!!!!

So here is a picture of the card:



Of course since she is so special to me and one of my scrap buddies, I had to make her a matching box so here is a picture of the box. I decided to make this part a shaker and linked the directions below: I also used flowers from the Wild Orchid Crafts which you can find HERE the the ribbon from The Ribbon girl you can find HERE



Shaker Directions: HERE
I used Superduper Gal which you can find HERE and of courses the Boy version which you can find HERE You can also find Superduper Gal HERE

Here is the card and the box, I love making these boxes:



I hope I inspired someone to join in on the fun, I can't wait to see what you come up with, just don't for get to use one of Mo's images. If you need more inspiration don't forget to visit the rest of the teams blogs they really out did themselves and came up with some great ideas just click HERE to see what they came up with and as Pat always says, don't forget to leave them a little love.

and last but not least my angle shot:



I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge #33 HERE Make it sparkle with Stars
Simon Says:HERE Sparkle and Bling

Image: Mo's Digital Image: Superduper Gal, Sentiment: Computer Generated
Paper: SU: Real Red, Brillian Blue, DP: K&Company: Ameriana
Extras: Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Ribbon, Stars & Swirls also from K&Company Americana, Red Rhinestones, Nestibilities, Button,
Image Colored with the following Copics: Skin E25,13,11,21 Hair: E49,47,24
Red Tones: R29,27,24 Yellow Tones, Y21,23,32, Blue Tones: B21,B23,24,26,28

As always thanks for stopping by my part of the world, now that you are here, I would love hearing from you, your comments mean so much.

Hugs
Debbie

19 comments:

Dena said...

Debbie! Oh your patchwork looks fantastic! Such a fun twist!!!! The glittery pieces look amazing and wowie on the box. You amaze me with your boxes girlie!!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn B. said...

This one stumped me too and I wish I had created a better patchwork. You all rocked this challenge. This is very cute. What a bargain with that paper. Great job.

Tammi said...

Love the patchwork and what you came up with, a fabulous card & box Debbie, she'll love this wonderful b-day gift! By the way I wish you a happy happy birthday sweet friend!! Hope it's as special as you are! ~hugs

Lia said...

such a wonderful box debbie I love the digi and the papers are so sweet.
Hugs Lia

Carla S. said...

Terrific card and box, Debbie! Love the papers and the fun image! Great coloring!

heidy said...

Wow Debbie,she's gonnalove it!
What a stunning gift!
Hugs Heidy

Dorcas said...

Debbie! You did a great job with the patchwork theme my friend. :-) It always amazes me when someone makes one of these boxes and goes to the trouble of coloring TWO images and fully decorating them as well. You go, girl!

Anne Kristine said...

Wow! Your card is beautiful!
Lovely details!
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne

Sheila said...

Yep I was stumped too on this one Debbie, you did a fantastic job this image truly is 'super' love those papers too.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Kathy Bradley said...

Wonderful card - and the image is just adorable, as are all of Mo's cuties!

Pat said...

Hey my sweet friend!! Absolutely delightful!! Your coloring is so rich! Your friend is gonna just love, love, LOVE this fabulous card & gift box! Of course you had to make a fab box to go with this amaaaazing super-duper card! Maybe someday I'll bite the bullet and try one! I still have your instructions! hehehe!! Big hugs, my NY sistah! Pat

Cathy said...

Debbie, you did a great job on the challenge and I love your box for your special card. Your recipient will love the card. Love the colors and dp you chose.

Rica said...

Fabulous card, wonderful design, brilliant colours, especially with the patchwork and primary colours - perfect for the great image.

Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Super adorable card and matching box!! Perfect!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Cindy Haffner said...

Super SWEET!!~

Cheryl said...

This is brilliant, it is so bright and just so much fun!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! I just love your beautifully coloured and beautifully designed card in it's beautifully coloured and beautifully designed box! Fabulous! Hugs, Lesley

Mina said...

wow Debbie shes fabulously gorgeous...perfect colours too...thanks for the wonderful comment you left on my Sugar Nellie blog hop card
Mina xxx

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Super (no pun intended) cute! So very fun.